YOUTH ASSOCIATION FOR THE STUDY OF RELIGIONS (YASR)
Youth Association for the Study of Religions (Kyiv, Ukraine) is a youth non-government organization founded in 2004. Initiators of its foundation were undergraduate and post-graduate students of Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University, National University “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, National Pedagogical Dragomanov University and Religious Studies Department of H.S. Skovoroda Philosophy Institute of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. Now YASR members are professors, scholars, civil servants, undergraduate and post-graduate students.
The main goal of YARS activity is to consolidate and assist young scholars, undergraduate and post-graduate students in the academic study of religions, the promotion of strengthening principles of tolerance and pluralism, freedom of conscience and religion among young people.
YASR tasks are:
- to promote the increasing of the level of specialization of young scholars of religions;
- to promote academic research made by the Association members and to publish their results;
- to assist cooperation with national and international funds and associations, state, religious, educational, youth and non-government organizations;
- to assist the strengthening of human rights and freedoms;
- to organize educational lectures, seminars, conferences, summer schools, festivals and other scholar and cultural activities to rise cultural and educational level of scholars;
- to publish informational and analytic materials, papers on religious studies and to assist their dissemination;
- to participate in the production of state politics in the field of education, science, culture and religion.
The members of the YASR regularly take part in international conferences, seminars and schools in Armenia, Belarus, Croatia, Georgia, Germany, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Norway, Poland, Russian Federation, Sweden, Turkey, and other countries.