Kalenychenko Tetiana, Ph. D. in Religious Studies. Born in Kyiv, Ukraine. Received Bachelor degree in Sociology at National University “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy” (2008-2012) and Master degree in Religious Studies in National pedagogical Dragomanov university (2012-2014).
From 2013 to 2017 she worked as a journalist in Religious-Informational Service of Ukraine. From 2017 she is a lecturer at National pedagogical Dragomanov university (specialized in Religion and Media).
She started to work in Conflict studies as facilitator and trainer from 2015 after education in Open World Program (USAID) in Sarajevo.
In March 2018 she defended her thesis in Religious studies 09.00.11. Her thesis work is about “Religious component in Socio-Political Conflict in modern Ukraine”.
Since 2009 she has been a member of the Workshop for the Academic Study of Religions (formerly – Youth Association for the Study of Religions).
Since 2016 she is coordinating international initiative “Dialogue in Action”, run in cooperation with NGO “Spirit and Letter” and NGO “St. Clement’s Centre”.
She was a junior research fellow at Institute of Human Science in Vienna, Austria (February – July 2017).
Currently working in the field of Conflict Transformation and Peacebuilding as national adviser for Peaceful Change Initiative (London), dialogue facilitator and mediator for Institute for Peace and Common Ground (Kyiv), as a trainer together with USAID and IREX in Do No Harm methodology (project analysis and reconciliation, Mirovna Academia – Peace Academy in Sarajevo, Bosnia), Conflict theory and facilitation on the level of communities.
Main interests: sociology of religion, conflict studies, peacebuilding and reconciliation.
List of publications by Tetiana Kalenychenko, Kyiv, Ukraine
- Bogdan O., Brylov D., Kalenychenko T., In Times of Crisis: Faith-Based Social Engagement and Religious Contestations in Ukraine Since Maidan 2013–2014 // Faith-Based Organizations and Social Welfare // Associational Life and Religion in Contemporary Western Europe, – Editors: Manuel, Paul Christopher, Glatzer, Miguel (Eds.), Chapter 5, 2020.
- Kalenychenko T.A., Brylov D.V. Religion and nationalism in Post-Soviet space: between state, society and nation – Routledge International Handbook of Religion in Global Society, 2020, 518 р..
- M. Cherenkov, T. Kalenychenko, T. Antoshevskyy Leaders in Trust: The Churches’ Social Activism in Post-Euromaidan Ukraine // Civil Society in Post-Euromaidan Ukraine. From Revolution to Consolidation. SPSS, ed. By Andreas Umland, vol. 193, 2018
- Lozova L., Kalenychenko T., «Dialogue in Action»: The platform for mutual understanding and cooperation for religious and civil activists in small communities in Ukraine // 25 years of Ukrainian independence as the history of religious freedom and pluralism: state institutions and religious organizations in search for partners models, Ministry of culture of Ukraine, 2018.
- Kalenychenko T.A., Religious component of socio–political conflict in Ukraine 2013-2017 yy. // National Pedagogical Dragomanov University, PhD thesis, 2018.
- Kalenychenko T.A. Public religion in global scope: the case of Maidan protest in Ukraine// Euxeunios, St. Gallen University. – Religion and Politics in Ukraine after the Maidan protests, 24/2017. – c. 23-38
- Kalenychenko T.A., Focus on chaplain: Forming the role and mission of military chaplaincy // Sofia. – 2017. – Vol. 1 – p. 20-28.
- Kalenychenko T.A. Changing focus on Military Chaplaincy: Religious-Spiritual Counseling and Care in Ukraine // MDRK Conference publications, Istanbul. – 2016. – С. 321-339
- Kalenychenko T.A., Implementation of Rational choice theory to analyze main events in Ukraine in 2013-2016 yy. // Skhid. – 2016. – № 1(141). – p. 69-72
- Kalenychenko T.A., The Role of Religious component in the process of identity changes of Ukranians after 2014 // Scientific journal of National University «Ostroh academy». – Vol. 17. – p. 112-119.
- Kalenychenko T., Kokhanchuk R. To be close. The guidance on military chaplaincy for militaries and volunteers. // Kyiv Bogoyavlenske Stavropigiyne Brotherhood, Kyiv, 2016. – 43 p.
- Kalenychenko T.A., Content analysis of religious narrative during Maidan period on the examples of sermons by fr. Mykhaylo Dymyd (in Ukrainian) // Scientific journal of National Pedagogical Dragomanov University. Religious studies. Cultural studies. Philosophy – Vol. 34, 2015. – p. 40-49.
- Kalenychenko T.A., Forming the image of military chaplain in Ukraine: content analysis of media // Ukrainian Religious studies. – Institute of Philosophy named Skovorody. – 2015. – Vol. 76. – p. 40-49